Step by Step: Tea Party Invitation

Hello my dear crafty friends! Today I’m sharing with you what has been a first for me- making an invitation. I had to figure out how to get everything lined up just right for the inside of the card. I finally figured out that making four boxes in Word document was the best way to go. This left a good amount of room around the inside sentiment which I’ve been loving playing with more and more. Let’s jump in!

These are the papers that went down inside before the invitation. The photo in the bottom right is the digital invitation that I was asked to compliment with whatever I decided to do with the card. I don’t remember where I got this pack of paper but it’s not bound- all of the papers are loose and were actually perfect to go with the other invitation.

On the left are my color samplings on the actual image and then on another sheet where I had started to come up with the ideas. I wanted to decide which embossing powder would work- I went with the Altenew ‘Golden Peach’ embossing powder because of the peach in the invitation.

Once I had trimmed all of the pieces down, I applied the last bits of Scor-Tape I had left. This is my dry adhesive of choice. I would line the actual invitation up against the pattern paper and lay it down before I laid the larger piece on the inside of the card. Now that I’ve done this, I will be more than comfortable to accept an order for invitations. This could certainly open some doors! The young lady’s name is in a different color, like the other invitation. I chose four colors; pink, peach, grey, and a muted green.

In a very unlike me fashion, I’m making all of the cards identical, no change in color or anything. Usually I at least try to do different colors for a card that there’s multiple of. The images on the front of the card, which are stamped on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, I got from one of my cardmaking magazines as their cover gift. This one and the cameo one are my absolute favorites that I use very often. I fussy cut out the tea cup and the cupcake out of full adhesive Post It Notes. I actually made a list of what colors I was using and what area they went to. I’m using my Arteza Real Brush markers to do all of the coloring. The images are too small and detailed for me to do with my pan watercolors. I stuck to yellows, reds, pinks, purples, and greens for the image. Even though the images are small and detailed it doesn’t take me too long to do. This also makes it easier to move quickly but efficiently.

On the frosting of the cupcake I used my Nuvo glitter pen to snazz it up a bit. For the polka dots on the cupcake liner I used my Signo white gel pen. For the final touch, I took my Nuvo Glitter Drops in Yellow Bird. The only thing not shown are the clear iridescent jewels I chose to use after I finished the first card. To save time, though, I am waiting to add them at the end.

Here we have the final product! I’m enjoying making these cards so I’m excited to deliver them to their owner 😊 To see the fully finished product, and to keep up with what I am doing be sure to check out my social media linked down below. XO❤

FACEBOOK||INSTAGRAM||TWITTER||ETSY

Leave a Reply